Sunday, August 17, 2008

Africa







I am just now getting a chance to update the blog. The rest of my Africa trip was amazing. Mom, Bubba, and I went to the beach for a week and had lots of fun. We drove 4 hours one day and stayed overnight in a lodge and then 4 hours the next day. The lodge had a lot of animals but they were tamed so it wasn't the same as seeing them at the game park. I did get to touch a rhino and a Kudu though. I was scared but did it anyways.

Once we got to the beach we spent one day going on a Seal cruise and riding around the town of Swakumpond (I think that's how you spell it). The seals actually get on the boat with us, which was pretty cool and a little scary. We also saw dolphins and pelicans. I never really worked up the nerve to touch the seals but some of the other people did. When we got back from the cruise I spent 2 hours at the spa getting a facial and a massage. It was so relaxing, thanks Mom! After that it was time for dinner and we at PIZZA!! It was yummy. The next day we rode 4 wheelers in the desert. We went up and down some of the largest sand dunes in the world. It was like a roller coster ride without a seat belt. It was a little scary seeing as we would go straight up one side of the dune and straight down the other. We were out there for 2 hours, I think. When we finished it was mom's turn to go to the spa so I took a nap while she enjoyed her facial and massage. We also ate a several really good restaurants on the ocean and watched the sun set. I had such an amazing time. I hope that Stephen and I can go back next summer; I know he would enjoy it. I would recommend to everyone that you make a trip to Africa at some point in your life. It is well worth the travel time :-) I have added most of my pictures the album but haven't finished all the descriptions. Check them out if you'd like.

No comments: