Friday, August 7, 2009

I've changed my mind

At Brennan's party with Daddy
Happy baby after Church




Good news, I am still nursing and pumping. Since I last posted everything has gone much smoother. Not one to give up, I just kept pumping and finally, NO MORE ENGORGEMENT!!! YAY!!! Ellie has been successfully nursing a lot more than before and I am not pumping as much.



For a while I was mainly pumping because Ellie would fall asleep every time she started nursing but she is much more alert now and has no problem eating a full meal before nodding off :-) She is playing with toys now and looking at books. I can't believe how much she is changing. The red that was once in her hair is now gone and has been replaced with a light brown color. I guess she won't be a red head after all. She weighs about 12 pounds and is just so beautiful.



My mom and I have finally figured out how to use the web cam so Ellie has been able to see her Grandmomma and Grandaddy :-) I'm trying to make sure she doesn't forget their faces since they are gone for such a long period at a time. Also, I bought Ellie a "look book" so that she can see her family all the time. It is just a baby photo album that holds about 8 pictures. She likes to look at it and chew on it.



Other than that, Stephen and I have been getting things done around the house. We had two ceiling fans put in last week, stained the front porch and side deck, and are having two new doors installed in about a week! Very exciting stuff around here. I laid some little tiles in my bathroom and the next project is hanging our window treatments in the bedroom and in the other living room. We are going to get that done before Saturday night hopefully. As soon as I get off this computer and get showered Ellie and I are going shopping for hardware so we can hang the curtains :-) Oh, and, Ellie has become much more mellow while in the car. Now she plays with her toys instead of screaming bloody murder (most of the time). Good times, Good times.



Leaving Brennan's birthday party

1 comment:

cynthia said...

LOVE THE PICTURES,SHE GROWNING UP SO FAST---- GLAD YOU ARE USEING THE WEB-CAM SO MOM CAN SEE THAT SWEET BABY GIRL
LOVE CYNTHIA GRIFFIN