Friday, January 22, 2010

Ellie



Ellie is NINE MONTHS OLD! I can't believe we are so close to her first birthday. She finally decided to start crawling around Christmas and is now on the go. She is also pulling up and standing by herself a little bit (the standing part). EVERY opportunity she has she crawls over to something and pulls up. She is so cute. She likes to help me do laundry. She'll stand up by the dryer and take out one piece at a time. She then proceeds to throw the item on the floor; I don't know why, because that isn't how I do laundry :-) She is a very good helper.

She has three teeth that came in on top within the last few weeks so now she is really into eating "big people" food. She has been saying a lot of different things and a lot of times she'll only say it once or twice. She said "grandad", clear as day one time. She also likes to say "play" "cat" "bye" "momma/mommy" "dada/daddy"(one time), and her newest favorite is "gum". I think she is trying to say "grandmomma". As soon as mom went back to Africa she started saying it so that is why I think she's asking for her. We've talked to mom on the web cam a few times and Ellie gets so excited. She starts reaching for the screen and talking :-)




Ellie also loves to read. She will pick her book up and start talking and flipping the pages. She also gets really excited sometimes and kisses the book. She is such a joy and I absolutely adore staying home with her everyday. Stephen sometimes asks me if I ever get tired of staying home with her all day every day and I honestly don't. There is nothing I would rather do. I love taking care of her and playing with her.

She is actually sleeping next to me at this very moment and I think she is going to wake up soon so I better go. I will post some pictures when I get back home.

No comments: