Friday, January 29, 2010

Good News!!

Papa was moved out of CCU yesterday and into a regular room. They took him off the oxygen today and he should be coming home within the next couple of days!!! We are so glad he is awake and well. Ellie and I came back up on Wednesday and I was able to spend an hour with him Wed. night while my Step mom watched Ellie and then yesterday Ellie and I spent two hours with him in his room :-) He is in good spirits and is ready to get home. Rocio has spent the last two nights with him and he has really enjoyed that. I am sure that he has been lonely since he woke up. I hated knowing he was by himself in CCU but they were super strict about visiting hours.




Ellie and I did not get to go see him today because it has been SNOWING all day long!! There is at least 4 inches of snow outside. I took her outside to sit in it but she didn't seem too impressed. I think she was too bundled up to enjoy it but I don't want her getting sick. It is so beautiful up here; I just love it!!


Since I've been here I've been trying to teach my little brother to cook. He is 19 years old but doesn't have a clue about how to cook anything other than mac n cheese. Today we made Spaghetti and tomorrow it will be some type of Chicken. I asked him what kind of chicken he wanted to make and he says "what kinds are there?". Too funny! So I showed him the cook book and we decided on a chicken/rice casserole but I think we'll have to change it bc we don't have rice or Cream of Chicken and I'm not going out in this snow to get it. Anyways, while I cook, Ellie has been helping by swiffering the floor. She loves it!

So Ellie's top two teeth have come all the way out and now she has one tooth on each side of those two coming out! She's going to have 6 teeth before she is 10 months old. I can't believe it. She is also getting really good at standing by herself for a long time. When she starts to lose her balance she wabbles back and forth before plopping down on her bottom. She is so stinkin cute!!

No comments: