Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Christmas 2010




I woke up early on Christmas morning so that I could be showered and ready when Ellie woke up. She woke up about 7:30, we woke Stephen up, got Ellie dressed while Stephen showered and then I ran upstairs to make sure the video camera was set up before she came up. Well, Ellie was just not impressed. She had WAY too many toys and was quite cranky the first half of the morning. She immediately saw her stroller and that was the end of the gifts. She played with it and when she finally made it to the kitchen she saw another big gift, A KITCHEN! She did like the kitchen and played with it for quite a while. Right before lunch we got her to open her baby doll and she was very excited. She LOVES babies and thinks this is just the best thing ever. The baby was from gmomma and gdaddy, the kitchen from grandpa and mima, and the stroller from us. We should have just stopped there. She wasn't too terribly interested in opening anything else so I took about ten gifts from under the tree, unwrapped them, and took them upstairs to the present closet to give to her for her birthday. I knew we went overboard but I just couldn't stop. Oh well, lesson learned. I think next year she really will just get a couple of things from us. Everyone else ends up getting her so much stuff anyways. OH, and as many of you know, it SNOWED. It was awesome. Ellie loved smacking her hand on the ground and seeing the snow stick to her mitten. She just thought it was the best thing ever. I told her not to take her gloves off because it was too cold and as she slipped one mitten off she squealed "I did it!". StInKeR.
The day before Christmas we celebrated with Stephens mom, grandmother, sister, and brother in law. Ellie got a tri cycyle, which she calls "lillys cycle", a Rudolph rocking horse, and some clothes. She calls the tri cycle "lilly's cycle" because there was another tri cycle at Nina's that was exactly like the one she got and we told her that it was "lilly's tri cycle" so now I guess she thinks that is what it's called :-) I think it's cute though.

No comments: