Friday, January 28, 2011

Speaking of Ellie's curtains

I was at the dining room table working on Ellie's curtains and decided to go to the kitchen to check on little miss and this is what I saw...
Putting the lid back on the marker


Going to get situated


Drawing "circuhs" (circles)
All the markers, paper, stamps, and letters out and playing


This just melted my heart for so many reasons. First, she rarely
ever plays alone. She normally wants "mama sit" so we can
color, read, or do whatever together. Second, I'm not the one in
charge of cleaning all this mess up. She actually cleans most of
it by herself. She will sing "cean up, cean up" and take care
of business. Of course, I help her but she is really good at doing
it herself. Lastly, I can't believe my baby girl is big enough to draw circles, and get out all of her stuff all by herself! She has a cabinet in the kitchen with her art stuff and she just helps herself. I love this child!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this story!

Unknown said...

Ellie is great at cleaning up. It's good she's finding some activities she likes to do by herself. She is creative and can take pride in what she does.