Friday, March 7, 2008

The death of Chocolate


Today, the day I have wanted yet dreaded at the same time. Today is the day that I slowly begin parting ways with chocolate. Quana has challenged me to eat only 1 piece of chocolate per day and she is going to do the same. Unfortunately this includes cookies, brownies, cake, and all things dessert. I guess my problem really isn't with dessert, for some reason I feel as if cookies and cake are so much worse than chocolate. In reality they are, 1 piece of cake has far more calories than a piece of chocolate, however, I eat so much chocolate that it would probably actually be better if I just ate cake! So, today is the day. And to think, I almost wasted my daily indulgence on some cookie dough right after I had my Fiber One, Raisin Bran this morning! I'm going to save it until I just can't take it anymore. Hopefully this will be a lifestyle change, but in the past when I have done this somehow I always end up right back where I started, a Chocoholic. So I took the day off of work today, I am feeling a little sniffly but mainly I just needed a break from the kids :-) I'm going to stay home this morning and not venture out until I'm going stir crazy, which will probably be in just a few hours :-)

3 comments:

Heather said...

I can't believe you remember all that! My gosh, you have a good memory! Time does fly- around 8 years since that night... Craziness! I'm glad we still keep in touch! Good luck kicking the chocolate- I have been on a cream soda kick lately. Not to mention, this house's weakness is candy. Jason & Natalie both have a weird obsession with FunDip- gag! We also eat lots of strawberry blowpops, twizzlers and jelly bellys around here- and I love vanilla tootsie rolls and skors- so don't feel bad- you're not alone.

Rachel @ The House of Burks said...

You're a stronger person than I am. I could not limit myself to one piece of chocolate per day if my life depended on it! Good luck on that.

Anonymous said...

One of the things I most love about Tsumeb, Namibia is that I can get dark chocolate candy bars. There are satisfying and give me a sense of luxury in life.