Sunday, March 20, 2011

"Big girls, NOT NICE"

Ellie and I were at the park earlier this week and decided to go for a walk for a little while and then come back and play. Well, at this park there is big play equiptment and little play equiptment, obviously for bigger kids and little kids respectively. So, when we get back to the playground from our walk we sat down at the tables and noticed two girls, probably ten years old, throwing HUGE mud balls ALL OVER THE LITTLE EQUIPTMENT. Well, it was already COVERED in mud; I mean all over all the slides, handrails, stairs, tunnels, EVERYWHERE. All I can do is sit there and stare and shake my head. Ellie said "big girls my friends" and I said "no ma'am. They are NOT being nice and you are not their friend". Well after throwing a few mud balls I guess they grew weary of my staring and stopped. Well then they came right over to where we were and started doing cartwheels and what not in the grass next to us. I could not hold my tounge any longer. I said "Girls, what you did was NOT NICE. You threw mud ALL OVER the little kids playground so now where are the little kids like her (pointing to Ellie) going to play? That was not nice and all. You should not have done that". They didn't say a word to me. One whispered to the other and then they walked over and began attempting to clean up their mess. The funny part is that while they were cleaning Elie is saying very loudly, looking directly at them, "Big girls, NOT NICE!" over and over! HILARIOUS. I told her she was right and that it is not nice to throw mud on the playground. Obviously they couldn't get it all clean and just ran off to their Grandad who was sitting in his car, in plain sight of what was going on. UGH! We went back a couple days later and yes, the mud was still DRIED on the equiptment.

2 comments:

Laura Jaquith said...

Good for you!! I am appalled at what some grown ups will let their children do. That kind of thing makes me angry too.

Domini Jones said...

I can't believe that!! I agree with Laura...I can't believe some adults let their kids do things like that. UGH!! Glad Ellie stood up to them though!!!