Wednesday, March 23, 2011

"I want my Grandmomma"

Ellie has been missing her grandmomma a lot lately and it seems like she is always saying "I want my grandmomma". We have been telling her that Grandmomma was coming to visit soon and Ellie is expecting her to like, walk through the door. We were on the web cam with mom yesterday morning and I said "Grandmomma is coming to see you soon!". Well, Ellie got up, walked to the door, opened it, and said "Grandmomma's coming?!". I felt so bad! She really thinks she is like down the street or something. If you ask Ellie where gmomma lives she will tell you Africa but obviously, she doesn't really know where that is. She is just breaking my heart. She is a grandmomma's girl all the way and wants to see her so bad. On the way home, just a few minutes ago, she was really sleepy and just kept quietly crying and saying "I want my grandmomma" :-(. Poor baby.
Last Wednesday Ellie made a card for her grandmomma and grandaddy to send to Africa with a guy who was leaving the next morning. We traced Ellie's hands and feet and she put heart stickers all over the card. I put some pictures of Ellie from that morning making the card inside the card as a special surprise :-) She is such a sweet baby!


1 comment:

Coach's Wife said...

She is super cute!! I hate it when Ellie does that over her daddy, during football season. It's so difficult when they want loved ones and can't see them for various reasons. All they are asking for is love from that one person and it just breaks your heart that you can't give it to them! She will be super excited when her grandmomma walks through the door for her birthday!!! Give her big hugs!!

Amy