Saturday, July 2, 2011

The Garage Sale Stand-off

Stephen, Ellie, and I went to some garage sales this morning. At one of the houses Ellie found a suitcase that opens up to a beauty parlor. Well, she sees this thing and says "momma, I want to see this". So I go over, open it for her and this other little girl, about 4 years old, comes swooping in and looking around. Well Ellie was getting anxious and saying it was hers and I kept telling her not to worry, the girl was just looking. Well, the little girl decided that SHE wanted it and I say "No, sorry honey, Ellie had it first". Well, her mom yells, from where she is CHECKING OUT, "get it" in Spanish. Never even comes over to assess the situation. Well if you know me, you know I'm not gonna sit back and let my daughter or myself get bullied by someone who won't even come check out the situation. I tell her again, "No, you can't have it, she (being my daughter) had it first". Well at this point it's a standoff. Ellie closes the suitcase, picks it up, and firmly grips the handle saying "No, it's mine". This is my child, and she will not be bullied by ANYONE. It was so funny and irritating at the same time. I am so glad that she sticks up for herself and at the same time I'm thinking this other mom is being completely lazy and rude. She was ALREADY CHECKING OUT when her daughter tried to swoop in on Ellie's toy. UGH. Below is the item in demand and as you see it is at our house :)

1 comment:

Domini Jones said...

Way to go Ellie!!! (and Mom)