Friday, July 1, 2011

Update on Ellie

Ellie is a TALKER, which I love, but some of the stuff that sticks out in my mind is:

"You a princess mommy"
"Coming Mom"
"Just a second"
"You'll be right back?"
"Hey babe/Wake up babe" (in which she is talking to her daddy, lol)
"I love you so much"
"I want my grandmommy"

I registered Ellie for MDO in the fall so I'm anxious to see how she does with that. I am sure she will love it but it's still scary, well not scary, but nerve wracking, to send my sweet little angel to spend time with other people and kids on a regular basis when I'm not around. However, several of her good friends go to the same church she'll be going too so at least there will be some familiar faces.

Ellie and I have gone to pick blueberries several times this season. We are really taking advantage of living so close to the blueberry farm and go anytime it is cloudy and cool. Which, if you live here you know we've had lots of those days lately. She doesn't really like blueberries but she likes picking them and she enjoys visiting with the cat that lives in the barn at Smith Farms. When I was growing up my mom always took my brother and I to pick berries of all sorts. My great grandmother and grandfather had a farm in Ohio where we spent time each year so we were always picking something on their farm, blueberries, strawberries, grapes, etc. Mom also took us to local places if I recall correctly. Good times nonetheless.

No comments: