Saturday, July 23, 2011

So thankful for this precious child

I am so thankful that God has blessed us with Ellie. She is such a wonderful girl and brings such joy to everyone she is around. She is always happy and laughing and making the funniest faces. She has the best sense of humor and uses it often. Each night I lay in her bed with her and we read certain books in a certain order. The last two books we read are her Bible (pre school version) and a book of prayers. We read about 8 prayers from the book and the first one we read is The Lords Prayer. Tonight, as I was reading it to her she was kinda mumbling along with me so I said, "lets read it again" and she says "no, I'll read it mommy". This is what she says "Our father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, they will be done on earth as in Heaven"..."Forgive us of trepasses and lead not to temptation"...and she stumbled through the rest. Now, she got the first five lines PERFECT then skipped a line, said a couple more, then said some of the other phrases. This child is only 27 months old! I felt like my heart was going to come out of my chest, she is so amazing. I cannot thank God enough for this precious gift and I just wanted to share a little bit of why she is so awesome :)

No comments: