Tuesday, March 24, 2009

We're back


And I am feeling much better. I ended up calling in sick to work on Friday because I felt so horrible. We went ahead and left for Birmingham at around 11am on Friday and I slept almost the whole way. I took some benadryl that morning and it pretty much knocked me out. We got to Birmingham at 7 and Stephen went out with Burton, Quana, Jackie, Patrick, William, Rodger, and a bunch of other people. I felt too horrible so I went to moms and went to sleep. My brother got in at around 10:30pm and I was sound asleep.
Saturday I was still feeling bad but went to eat breakfast with Christian before he went to Atlanta to see the King Tut exhibit then I went to get a pedicure with Breanna. Allison came to meet us for lunch and then it was off to the rehearsal dinner for me and Stephen. After that we all went bowling and had a great time. I only used a 6 lb. ball and was very careful. I actually bowled much better than normal because I had to be so cautious.
Sunday was the wedding and it was beautiful. I was feeling pretty bad by the end of it though because we had to stand up the whole time. It was outside by a river and there were no chairs. Then of course after the wedding I was standing around so that I wouldn't look unsociable, not to mention there was someone there I was trying to avoid....Jackie had a REALLY good wedding cake and I managed to only eat a little bit. After the wedding, 20 of us went to a Japanese steak house for dinner. It was good, but not as good as Kobe's. Stephen and I got back to moms around 9 and went straight to sleep.
Monday we drove back home. This time I did help drive; I actually drove for the first 4 1/2 hours then Stephen took over. You should have seen my legs and ankles by the time we got back home. You can't even see my ankle bone anymore! We brought home the stroller and car seat and quite a bit of other baby stuff so the car was jam packed. I'm glad Stephen decided to let his friend keep Diva because she wouldn't have fit in the car. Actually, Stephen had to leave his golf clubs at moms because they didn't fit. Guess that means he won't be playing golf for a while. So anyways, that's a summary of our last five days. They've been very busy and I am glad to be back home. We have our 2nd labor and delivery class tonight so it's going to be a long day :-) I'll post pictures from this past weekend this week sometime so be on the lookout.

No comments: